Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge 2 registration

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by stoliker, Apr 27, 2011.

1. stoliker

stoliker Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Michigan
    I am sure one of you experts can save me. I am designing in corel, saving as a cmx file and importing into omega 4.0. When I print, all the colors line up except for the black. I have tried two different foils and the same thing. All the other colors line up perfect. So I tried a calibration page and the black lined up :banghead: Please Help!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. housemusikid

housemusikid Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Can you try a stroke on the black? I always had that problem and it was nothing a stroke couldn't cure.

3. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    yeah, you need to add a stroke to the black. do a couple test prints and see how it turns out as you may have to increase the stroke. choke and spread will do the same kinda thing to.
    i know it can be frustrating sometimes when this happens!

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    stroke only works if it's set to overprint.. and then of course ALL black must be set to overprint, or you will waste double the foil, as it operates at different temps for reg, and overprint... but for black at least, that is probably ok...

5. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    It has to do with the way the edge print, the foils need to be similar in the amount used to get better registration..

But yeah, you can do a choke/spread to fix it.

6. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

What version of Omega? - Omega 3.0/4.0 have regfixer might help w/o choke and spread

7. stoliker

stoliker Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks for all the help everyone! I was able to fix the lettering with the spread, but the trees were to small. Got lucky and was able to adjust the vinyl a smidge (very technical term:) to line up. I am using Omega 4.0 Tony. I would love to be able to fix it without the spread if there is another way.