• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 registration

stoliker

I am sure one of you experts can save me. I am designing in corel, saving as a cmx file and importing into omega 4.0. When I print, all the colors line up except for the black. I have tried two different foils and the same thing. All the other colors line up perfect. So I tried a calibration page and the black lined up :banghead: Please Help!

Attachments

• IMG00123.jpg
    IMG00123.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 81
yeah, you need to add a stroke to the black. do a couple test prints and see how it turns out as you may have to increase the stroke. choke and spread will do the same kinda thing to.
i know it can be frustrating sometimes when this happens!

iSign

stroke only works if it's set to overprint.. and then of course ALL black must be set to overprint, or you will waste double the foil, as it operates at different temps for reg, and overprint... but for black at least, that is probably ok...

omgsideburns

It has to do with the way the edge print, the foils need to be similar in the amount used to get better registration..

But yeah, you can do a choke/spread to fix it.

stoliker

Thanks for all the help everyone! I was able to fix the lettering with the spread, but the trees were to small. Got lucky and was able to adjust the vinyl a smidge (very technical term:) to line up. I am using Omega 4.0 Tony. I would love to be able to fix it without the spread if there is another way.