Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge 2 Via Parallel to USB cable length?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Simonst, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Simonst

Simonst New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Graham, Wa.
    I'm going to be setting up an Edge 2 printer to a win7 computer running Omega 4.0 I'll be using the newer Gerber Parallel to USB cable. I'm going to need to do a bit of rearranging to make things work and its going to be kind of a long run (guessing around 24Ft) and i have 2 questions.
    can anyone tell me max cable length using extensions and a powered usb hub?
    also would it be best to put the hub at the beginning or end of the run?

Tags:
  2. Jase

Jase Member

Jul 28, 2010
    South Wales
    I think you might have problems at that length. Why don't you hook it up to a laptop?

3. Simonst

Simonst New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Graham, Wa.
    I don't have another licensed copy of omega to run it off of. the only other copies of omega i have are running on the 2 design stations and I'd hate to be dragging our designers out onto the production floor lol. was hoping to run a usb cable into the front office and plug into one of the design stations.

4. Tattoosleeve

Tattoosleeve Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Prince George
    Been a month so I'm sure you already solved this problem but I recently did the same thing, but I'm running Omega 5 on Win 7.

I've got a 25ft usb cable running from the end of the Gerber parallel to a powered usb at the end of the run between the cables and the computer.

Works great.