• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 Via Parallel to USB cable length?

Simonst

I'm going to be setting up an Edge 2 printer to a win7 computer running Omega 4.0 I'll be using the newer Gerber Parallel to USB cable. I'm going to need to do a bit of rearranging to make things work and its going to be kind of a long run (guessing around 24Ft) and i have 2 questions.
can anyone tell me max cable length using extensions and a powered usb hub?
also would it be best to put the hub at the beginning or end of the run?

Simonst

I don't have another licensed copy of omega to run it off of. the only other copies of omega i have are running on the 2 design stations and I'd hate to be dragging our designers out onto the production floor lol. was hoping to run a usb cable into the front office and plug into one of the design stations.

Tattoosleeve

Been a month so I'm sure you already solved this problem but I recently did the same thing, but I'm running Omega 5 on Win 7.

I've got a 25ft usb cable running from the end of the Gerber parallel to a powered usb at the end of the run between the cables and the computer.

Works great.