• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge 2

watchdaride

Looking at a gerber edge 2 . he says it show 9500 hours usage . Is that considered high or med usage ? Hes asking $3500 with no pixel issues .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My Edge gives usage in minutes. I would clarify that with him. 9500 hours is a fair amount of use while 9500 minutes would be very little by comparison. Whether the $3500 is a good, average or bad price is less important than than the cost of foils, vinyl, software and a 15" plotter ... as long as the Edge is in good working order. With software, a plotter and supplies, grossing $3500 or more each and every month with the Edge is a reasonable expectation.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check craigslist, there seems to be some appearing on there every now and then. I know I've bought them off there before. ;)

I would say my Edge 2 has had significant usage, and it says it currently has 37,367 minutes on it. Does the counter roll over?
Does it also come with software, and a matching Gerber plotter? You're gonna need those.

watchdaride

i have a roland gx400 . I was going to contour cut on the roland and buy flexisign . Is it possible for those to be compatable ?

Gary Wiant

I'm not familiar with Roland cutters but I print on my Edge 2 using Cadlink Signlab and cut it on a Graphite FC7000. So yes you can print and cut without just using Gerber hardware.

I orchard an Edge 2, Envision 375 & Omega years ago right when Omega was released and I paid $26,000 for it and I paid it off in 2 years, so I wouldn't stress over $3500. Gerber Edge 2 are very versatile printers and they can really earn you a lot of money.

Jburns

I use an Edge 2, Graphtec FC7000 and Flexi 8.6- works great once you get it all dialed in. If your flexi has your driver for the roland you should be good.

i have a roland gx400 . I was going to contour cut on the roland and buy flexisign . Is it possible for those to be compatable ?

I have a GS15 listed for sale in the classifieds if you decide to go with a Gerber cutter. It's listed with my printer but I would consider selling it separate.