• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge Foil Streaking heat setting?

paul luszcz

We have a problem with Flood Coat White leaving diagonal streaks in the print. We use this to back second surface prints that go in windows and these streaks ruin our print. It's the final color to be run and we have, in this case, five spot colors run ahead of it that get ruined.

When this happened last year, I posted this question and it was suggested I reduce (or increase!) the heat settings. The problem is, I con't remember which and the heat settings are hidden under another name, which I also can't remember.

Whatever we did last year worked, but I can't find any mention of it hear when I search.

I need to complete this project tomorrow and hope one of you can help me.

Paul

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Pretty sure you will need higher heat. You will get variations from the heat settings and you will also get variations between using the Overprint setting or the Overlap setting. Are all the foils Gerber?

paul luszcz

All foils are Gerber. Do you increase heat by using the "light" or "dark" setting? Couldn't they have used "Low Temp" and 'High Temp"?

And the two overprint settings give you another heat variable.

I just got suggestions to lower and raise the temperature. I like the idea of printing a full 11.8" and will try some spare vinyl at high and low "light" and "dark" settings.