Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge FX Firmware: Fatal Error?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MCV, Jan 9, 2011.

1. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hello, just upgraded to Omega 4.0 and tried to update my FX firmware. Looked like everything went fine but when the printer rebooted I am getting "fatal error 14" and now it is just stuck like that. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Tags:
  2. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    phone gerber tech in the morning.....they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. they have a call back system also incase they are busy.

3. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I did find out what the problem is.

FYI to anyone upgrading to Omega 4.0 do NOT update the FX firmware off the installation disc. I guess doing so is what blew out my RFID reader which is a couple hundred dollar repair. Wish there was information regarding this included in the documentation.

4. rdunn

rdunn New Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Copy the Firmware update to your H.D. Then do the upgrade. CD drives are too slow.