• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EDGE FX Help!! - Error Code (Aaaarrggh!)

mxkid1979

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I have literally sent a job to print through my EDGE FX. I am on a 4 colour (SPOT COLOUR) run. I have successfully completed the first 3 colour runs. The last colour has just been requested, yet when accepting the foil and pressing OK, the display reads "FATAL ERROR 144" immediately.

What does this mean - I have tried to redo this part of the job 3 times, yet it keeps coming up with the same error. Is there anything that I am doing wrong. Please don't tell me that the machine is broken!!!

All help would be greatly taken on board.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony Teveris

FATAL ERROR 144 is indicating an invalid vinyl/foil combination. Possibly the Fire File in Omega and the Fire File in the Edge FX are out of sync. For example, the Fire File in Omega is newer than what is in the Edge FX.

What is the material and foil?

From the GspTray icon (lower right) get system info it will tell you the version of the fire files on YOUR SYSTEM. I think the internal FX WEB page will tell you the version of the fire file in the FX (use Iterternet Explorer and type in your FX's ip address)

On the Gerber WEB site there is the latest firing update. It's
Abrasion_Guard_SPF_Update.zip

If all else fails you will have to call Customer Support.

mxkid1979

Thanks Tony, I had the colour logged in as a blue (it didn't sound too good!)
I will try changing the foil colour in OMEGA - The vinyl I had down wad "Scotchcal 220 Premium Film) - I am actually using Convex Vinyl (6 mil Hi-Bond)

I guess it is the mix of the selected Scotchcal material and this foil colour of the blue that doesn't mix. I will tell OMEGA it is a different colour - I hope that might work!

Thanks for letting me know a potential solution.

I will let you know how it goes.

Many thanks again

Gareth
mxkid1979

mxkid1979

Tony,

You were spot on in regards to the code. I changed the foil colour when putting the run through again. It worked!!

Thanks for the help - for a moment I got a bit worried!

It's great to have this forum, and all the vast wealth of knowledge on here to draw help from.

I can't thank you enough.

Gareth
mxkid1979