• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX Printing on thermal Transfer?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have been using my Edge FX to print onto thermal transfer (Siser Colorprint II & Siser Colorprint Extra) with no problems for a while.

Now I have a job in that requires a few different selected colors be printed - one of them a light blue. I have tried just printing Cyan & Transparent blue, but I get banding in the print. (No problem printing them on regular vinyls) Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

I have tried different profiles in Composer for the media types with no improvement. Does anyone have a profile that will work or a foil color suggestion that will work?

Tony Teveris

Are you printing a gradient?
What version of Omega?

I would "play" with the halftones and up the lpi, but I really would need too see the print.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Trying to print a solid light blue onto the material. No gradient. Those were the two colors of light blue I have in stock in foils and both are a close mtch to their blue. They have 6 different color themed drapes that all printed fine onto the material; black, dark blue, orange, purple, teal, etc - it's just light blue that's giving me troubles. tried printing both light blues onto other material (220 white) with no problems; back to the Siser & they are all "banding". Pic coming soon.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here is a photo showing the banding I am describing. The banding is linear with the material. Tony, I am also emailing you the original high-res photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6670lowres.jpg
    IMG_6670lowres.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 118

Tony Teveris

It really looks like a material / foil combo that does not play nice. The darker areas look like they are "over transfered" but its hard to tell. Also the darker areas are where there is more foil along the head being transfered so at that point in time there is more "heat" to the head. Take some scotch take and put in on the dark areas then ripe it off, if anything is on the tape then it points to over transfer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Turning the heat up to "high heat" in the "123" dialog in the output window fixed this problem to an acceptable level.

I will try the tap trick to see if anything pulls up, but the solid areas are the correct saturation/opacity desired; the lighter areas are the incorrect areas.

Coban

Kind of off topic but do you have to use the Gerber LTSeries foils with the Colorprint media?