• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX uneven print quality

The top of the vinyl prints fine. But, the quality gets worse to the bottom of the print. I'm assuming there is some sort of print head pressure adjustment. Does anyone know how to make this adjustment? Or have any other suggestions? This is most noticed on multi spot color prints, such as double sided decals on clear adhesive backed vinyl, used for glass.

_Neil

There are some settings on the board (ie: trim pots on the PC board) at the back of the machine which control heat and pressure, but I'd be cautious about messing with those. Gerber support had me tweak one of those with a voltmeter and warned me about overdoing it as it could cause damage.

However I believe the print head is supposed to be floating, so perhaps there's something mechanical not moving properly. You may want to contact Gerber as they're pretty helpful even if you don't have a support contract.