Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Edge gap

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Conor Knoxx, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    Hi all! Its been a long time since I've had a question I couldn't find an answer to here.. but here's one I'm stuck on.
    Recently updated to Flexi 19 - after doing the setup for my Mutoh VJ1204 the printer begins printing about an inch in from the right side (used to be about 1/4 inch) - I can't seem to find a setting for this?
    Likely as easy as could be, once you know where it is! (like most things...)
    Thanks in advance!
    Conor

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I'm geting used to Flexi again, but I remember seeing a margin adjustment somewhere. Mine is set 5mm from the edge.

Won't be able to look for a while since I can't do stairs right now.

3. Kay

Kay New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hello!

My advice would be to check all of your margin and panel settings. I've included screenshots where I found my settings.
    Almost all of my settings are zero and I've never really had a problem with a margin. My problem is accidentally scaling up the document. >.<

Let me know if that works for you!

Flexi RipPrint.PNG Flexi RipPrint2.PNG Flexi CutPlot2.PNG Flexi CutPlot.PNG

4. RustyNZ

RustyNZ Member

Feb 22, 2017
    New Zealand
    Also check 'Position'...

upload_2020-2-20_8-30-11.png

5. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    Thanks Justin, those were all the settings I was looking at too... just wasn't fixing it!
    However... turns out there's a margin setting right on the printer - and it overrides these Flexi settings... ugh.
    Mine was set to 25mm... changed it to 3mm / all is right in the world again :)
    (... and we won't talk about how it got set to 25mm... no, no... lol )