• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge II Cleaning

mbarden

Hi Folks,
Just got a used Edge II and was wondering what cleaning it entails. It has 8900 minutes on it. I had read somewhere that there are cleaning pads? Is that correct and if so where do I get them?
Thanks everyone
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

GB2

Old Member
You can purchase Gerber cleaning pads from any Gerber supplier. If you order any Duracoat cartridges, they come with a cleaning pad. Also, you can use a lint free pad with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, that you possibly can get at a pharmaceutical supplier or electronic supplier, though I never seem to be able to find it. Better double check the Gerber website for the fast facts on cleaning to get the official recomendation.

pindesign

We use 99% Isopropyl alcohol with an anti-static, lint free disposable cloth (made by Novus) - works great. Much cheaper than the 'official' product i would imagine.

The Edge1 manual predates the aftermarket cleaning solutions u mention and recommends what we are using.

Gareth

gabagoo

and whatever you do "never touch the heads with your hands" or thats what I was led to believe and ours is 10 years old and still on the first print head. If you need alcohol you have to make sure it is isopropyl and is 99% , don't use the 75% stuff is a nono too

Bob Gilliland

Mike,

I handed out a four page “Tips and Tricks” at an EdgeHead gathering during the USSC Sign World show back in 2003. Page four reviews some items addressing Edge print head cleaning (page one relates to Pantone and Process from within Omega, page two reviews “Changes Only” within the Assign color dialog box from Omega, and page three is focused on the Measuring Tool, also from within Omega). The pdf can be download direct here or from the Free Stuff page offered.

Gerber also offers two relative FastFacts from their website; FastFacts document #2000 offers cleaning tips and document #2001 outlines a maintenance schedule.