• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge II Connectivity

Mikeb64

I have acquired an Edge II that used to be on a network. When I put the Edge II online, I have
50 188 25 I am connecting with a cable directly to a USB. How do I re-set the Edge and Envision 375 to recognize that they are no longer on a network and being connecting with the correct cables?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not the way to do it. You need to have software that will rip for that printer. Examples are:

Gerber Omega
Flexisign Pro
SignLab

Mikeb64

Hi Fred! I do have the right software, I have Omega 6.5. I have installed, in-installed, done everything that I can think of.

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    20.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You don't have to get into anything to do with port settings. You will need to get the Gerber supplied USB to Parallel connection cable for it to work properly and then you install it using the System Tray utility.

Attached is a Gerber PDF that addresses your issue on the second page. I had some difficulties getting mine to work and GSP support got on the phone with me and got it fixed. They also strongly suggested that I always have the cable in the same USB port once they got it to work correctly.

Attachments

• OMEGA_Requirements_65.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 367

Mikeb64

Yes sir, I have it. It’s the cable that plugs into the back of the Edge and the other end is the USB that plugs into the computer. It came with it.I will try the steps in the document, worst case, I talk with Gerber on Monday. Thanks for the Info!