• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge Le Problem

Folksign

Just picked up another Edge le. The guy I bought it from shipped it to me in the original box and it fired right up fine. Took about 2 minutes for the first warm up before printing. After running about 15 feet of vinyl using gerber foils it is missing pixels but not consistently. I cleaned the head and its still doing it. Im using the latest Omega 4.0 upgrade. It looks to be a early generation LE 1997 and has the brushes instead of the blades if that matters.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Was it shipped with the print head metal clamp in place?

If yes, try undoing and remaking all your plug connections. If no, you most likely have damaged the print head and are facing a repair cost that exceeds the value of the printer.

Folksign

Hi Fred, yes it was in place and it was shipped with a Gerber cartridge in the machine. I will try the connections tomorrow.

Thank you

Tony Teveris

Folksign, are you using 4 targets or just the one?

I would turn the auto align off on the Odyssey and print / cut with 4 targets if you are not doing that already.