Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge print double sided

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by signage, Oct 29, 2006.

1. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    When creating a decal to be placed on a window, are you better off doing white/white black white/white or woould white gray white be opaque enough? attached is the logo I am going to be doing. TIA

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  3. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Doug I have read that link. The other thing I was wondering is if only one hit of white over black would be enough or would you need two too get white?

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I trust Bob. He shows one. I've done many reverse applied decals with a white "backing" on top... but never added black & never made a two sided decal, so I figured if Bob did it, one hiit would work. Besides, now they have super opaque white foils, so that would be my choice. (or flood-coat white)

5. signdeziner

signdeziner New Member

May 4, 2006
    Super Opaque white works good too if you only want to do one hit per side. Regular white seems to have a grey tinge to it unless you hit it twice. Another good blockout color is silver in place of black. It's been used by traditional screen printers for years when doing 2 sided decals.

6. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Thanks to everyone that answered. I got the job done and shipped out.

Thanks!