• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge ready Cast material

Oracal 751 cast $115 ... sux for use with the Edge.. whats a good choice for Cast material? 3m $151 from Fellers..or Scotchcal 220 $166 from Advantage ? (just threw the prices in there) is it the same stuff?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Oracal 751 cast $115 ... sux for use with the Edge.. whats a good choice for Cast material? 3m $151 from Fellers..or Scotchcal 220 $166 from Advantage ? (just threw the prices in there) is it the same stuff?

No each is a different combination of vinyl, adhesive and liner. We prefer the Gerber/3M over the non-Gerber 3M for the difference in the adhesive. Otherwise, they both print as well. Perhaps you should negotiate a better price with Advantage in return for giving them more business.

Bill Modzel

Ditto what Fred said. I even jump to the 225 series with the plastic instead of paper liner.
It's great for cutting very small items after printing, well worth the extra cost.

G

Ginger

I concur, we have been using Scotchcal 220 for 90% of our edge printing for almost 5 years now and no problems with the vinyl... a few with the edge, but that is another post ;)

Slightly unrelated, but if you haven't tried the metal foils, you really should, wow, they really POP!

Malkin

The new roll of 220 white that we got last week came with a blue liner! It's about time Gerber got on board with that.