Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge Smoothing in Flexi 7.5

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Doyle, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Wondering if there is a way to smooth edges of paths in Flexi. There is a way to smooth the fonts by double clicking on the type tool, and results look great, just wondering if you can do the same for paths. Image lines always look so "hard" on screen and especially when exported in JPG form. I just discovered the font smoothing and man it makes a difference, but paths still look like crap. Any help is appreciated!

Tags:
  2. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    By the way. By smoothing, I only mean the appearance on-screen, not cleaning up the paths or anything like that, only for viewing purposes on screen. Thanks!

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I think you need to upgrade to version 8 to get on-screen smoothing of the display.

It was listed as a big "feature" of V8 during the rollout, along with user defined hotkeys.

wayne k
    guam usa

still on 7.62

4. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    maybe it's time for the upgrade. Corel uses on-screen smoothing and images look great, however, I'm a fan of Flexi because I've been working with it for so long, it's hard to switch. It just doesn't make sense to me that ver. 7.5 has font smoothing and thats it, everything else looks rough