• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge w/4b hook-up

beckys

I installed 2.6, and I had nothing but problems with scanner, having to take out security key and put back in, almost every 4-5 times a day.
I uninstalled 2.6, and re-installed 2.5, everything was working flawlessly except for the 4b.
Can anyone tell me on the list of plotters, which 1 it is, and Im assuming it is a COM1 port right???
thanks for any help

Jillbeans

OK I am a total idiot with this type of thing, and still on GA 6.2
But my 4B is listed as SMIV-15-1,Com1:
in my setup doohickey.
Ports:Com1
I have no clue if this helps but Fred oughta know.
Good luck!
Love.....Jill
(I just cut with mine, I don't have an Edge)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It could be on any Com port your computer physically has. You need to locate it on your list of plotters. Once you do that you can then assign it to whatever Com ports you may have available. You'll know you have the right one when it works.

Service Sign Co

I believe it's SMIV-15 I also recall having to type a serial # the 98 PC took a dump a few months ago. I will be in the same situation when I hook it back up. Even had to clean the data link cable connections with an eraser once after it quit working

beckys

OK,
Jill, I think that might be it...lol,
so, Fred if its hooked to a adapter that is a usb, is that what they call them, that is a usb, would it still be a com or a usb??
Jill, I don't know crap either, hence my ignorant ??'s,
I'll check in the AM, but they have so many on the list, and I look at it every single day, and I still dont know which 1 it was...lol:thankyou:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
so, Fred if its hooked to a adapter that is a usb, is that what they call them, that is a usb, would it still be a com or a usb??

I have never seen a 4B or and LMK card hooked up to anything other than a Com port. Nor have I ever hooked up any later equipment to a USB so I can't be of any help.