• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EDGE2 + LPT extension PCI card?

rudeez

Hey!

I rememberreading somewhere that the edge2 dislikes extension pci paralell lpt cards, is this true or?
I got some major problems when i got myself a new computer for the workstation... It's a AMD phenom2 xII with a Gigabyte m-atx motherboard wich has a built in lpt port. Obviosly gigabyte tends to use a diffrent pinout for some reason, i got the original lpt extension cable to connect to the motherboard but as i said, the pinout is diffrent from normal lpt ports for some reason, and yes iv'e checked everything and been reading up on the forum aswell, really canät seem to solve it, works like a charm when i reconnect it to the old P4 machine so..

My question is, would this exstention card work with the edge2 or?
https://www.inet.se/files/pdf/5400102_0.pdf
It's a Vscom card so drivers and such does exist for all OS systems. Currently running the envision 375 plotter through a vscom extension serial card.

thanks in advance and sorry for the horrible english, i've slept 3 houers tonight coused by thinking about this and trying to solve it..

GB2

Old Member
You need an ECP port for the Edge II. You could also get a USB cable from Gerber, or they have a list of other USB cables that may work too.

rudeez

The new motherboard has ECP support but as i said, the pinout of Gigabyte boards are for some reason f**ked up :(

Last edited by a moderator:

rudeez

This is the error message i get when trying to print with the built in LPT port on the motherboard. Dunno what it means honestly..

Attachments

• spoolerror.JPG
    spoolerror.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 141

Tony Teveris

On the Omega CD/DVD there is a program called parcheck, this will check your parallel port and see if is truely an ECP port. I think it's in the "misc" folder.

As for other parallel port interface cards I think it best for other users to respond as we at Gerber do not test or recommend any boards.

As mentioned above we do have a USB to parallel cable / driver solution for 32 bit OS only, no 64 bit support but that will be coming

rudeez

Parcheck says ECP. As for USB solution, ive read that it dosen't work for edge2 unless you upgrade the software.. Im using Omega 2.1 so, im stuck in a "moment 22" kinda...
As for sentinel, yes it's confed correctly.