• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Editing an Image

Doug Pulver

I'm having a problem trying to add a shadow to this image. This image was converted from a jpg file then vectorized in flexi 8.1.

This first image is shown in wireframe. When I add a shadow which is set to the left there are some portions missing. The second image is showing what happens when I uncheck the wireframe box. I can see why I'm not getting the full shadow effect but don't know how to clear out the areas that fill in with the wireframe unchecked.

I'm wondering if I have an open or unconnected portion causing the color to bleed into where it shouldn't. or if it is something else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

(1)
HarrisPlain1FS.jpg

(2)
HarrisPlain2FS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Border

Select it all, then go to arrange, compound. Then add shadow after that procedure. That should do it, maybe....
Need more specifics otherwise.

Idea Design

This happens sometimes in Illustrator when you use the Pathfinder tools. I use "Merge" to weld typewritten letters together to prepare for cutting, and sometimes you will get a duplicate object on top of another and never know it's there till you send it to the cutter and the cutter cuts the same path twice.

This looks like that situation, only you said you're using Flexi. I don't design in Flexi, I use Illy, but if there is a selection tool that's comparable to the "a" selection (white arrow in illustrator) tool, I'd use that and grab and delete the knockouts.

I'm willing to be that you've got duplicate objects there that have the same fill color. Very common problem when using Illustrator. Fred even went so far as to write a script to check a file for this exact thing before you output to your plotter.

grafxxx

make sue your image stroke is is not two lines if it is un compound it and just shadow the outer line only and use the shadow effect with the clear box with the red out shadow.
mike

Doug Pulver

Select it all, then go to arrange, compound. Then add shadow after that procedure. That should do it, maybe....
Need more specifics otherwise.

That did it, Thanks BP. I had to ungroup first then select all, arrange and compound.

Thanks to eveyone else for your replys.