• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Editing job??

ashleighfiddler

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me figure out how to get a .job file from production manager to edit it? I forgot to save the artwork but the .job file is still there. When I right-click and go to edit>Flexi 8.2, nothing opens in Flexi. Has anyone had this and how did you work around it?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Is this a print file or a cut file? If a print file, and it's a PDF just copy and paste elsewhere. If it's only a cut file, the .job is just code, editing won't do any good.

eahicks

sample of a .job plotter file, opened in Textpad...

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 89

eahicks

Hmm..mine gives me no options. I have to go and select whatever program I think I should use.

eahicks

And it makes sense it would not work, since .job is not a file type that Flexi can open or import, if you scroll through the list of types. Production Manager, however, will open them, as it is the actual program that creates a .job file from the info sent from Flexi.