• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Editing summa reg marks

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So I’m running onyx 18.5, a summa S2 160T and an oce/canon Colorado 1640.

Apologies but I work in mm for all you guys that use inches!

basically, on a 54” (1370mm) roll, I can only send cut files that are 1250 wide, after the Colorado puts its marks on, then the summa does its barcode and registration marks.

without the summa, I’m allowed to print a maximum of 1330 (with advanced AAC on) which means the summa is taking up an additional 80mm of my width, is there any way to lessen this?

when printing the little registration squares at the side of my artwork, they’re about 25mm away from the actual artwork, so ideally if I could move those closer I’d get a bit more extra room, is this possible?

Or does anyone have any workarounds? Just seems like a lot of wastage at the sides of every roll!

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's in the RIP Queue. File menu I believe.

We use the minimum allowed in Onyx. Which is still way too big and the illustrator/coreldraw macro puts them alot closer. I wish Onyx would fix it.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
That’s perfect! Knew it had to be somewhere, we’ve been getting by as-is on the default but this job was reaaaaaly tight. Saved just enough space to get it 4 up instead of 3!

I owe you a beer! (Or half a roll of saved vinyl, whichever is easier)