• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EEEK Help Roland is leaving white space?

Velocity

At around the 3 foot mark on the vinyl the image is left blank in a half inch line and its only at that point. This is driving me bonkers.

If i take a 1 foot wide image and print it in that spot, Presto the line appears like something is blocking off that sector?

Has anyone seen this?

Columbia Signs

What RIP are you using and have you tried re-rasterizing the image? I wish I could say what it is, but I've never had it happen to me.

Velocity

Using Flexi to rip, dosent seem to matter what file, material or profile it just seems to leave a perfect no ink zone right at that spot every time.

ChiknNutz

Your encoder strip may be dirty. I periodically have this issue, though not a huge blank stripe, usually just a thin line of off-color. The encoder strip is the nearly clear piece of plastic, about 1/2 inch wide, that is directly behind the guide cable. Clean it the entire length, both sides, with a soft swab and some IPA or similar, especially in the area of concern.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • How is your cable hooked up ??
  • Is anything interfering with the signal ??
  • And last.... the encoder strip is a very good possibilty