• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Effective marketing campaign

wgsengraving

What was your most effective method of marketing your sign business? Just like everyone else with a limited amount to spend on promotional materials and online advertising, I am looking for the best bang for my buck.

reQ

Best bang for your dollars - knocking on doors / word of mouth (if you do good work). Other than that, 5 years ago i was using canada post to send out flyers, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Right now all my advertising budget will go into online advertising.

TXFB.INS

depends on the clientele you are trying to achieve.

online - Social media, SEO and PPC (pay per click)
door to door
direct mail-outs

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I kinda know what you do, but to be clear... since you not the typical mom and pop sign shop...

What do you do? and do you install as well as fabricate?

Any electrical? Any large sign (monument/pylon)

Who's your target client?

Craig Sjoquist

Lately it has been me on the job site doing the job, people see me doing work & ask in combination with my bicycle sign advertisements seeing me ride around then seeing me at a job, this has been my biggest seller this year.

Last year it was other people selling my work

wgsengraving

Thanks for replying. It's great to get input as I am new to this marketing thing.

We have tried a combination of all methods mentioned above. Our biggest return has been word of mouth.

Postal campaign -- eh. For the amount of time spent doing research on potential clients, the return has been dismal. We kept record of the hits to our website after sending out the brochures. The traffic did go up a bit, but no contacts.

There have been quite a few clicks on our banner ads, which are running on sites associated with the type of clients we are looking to acquire. I suppose it will take some time before those clicks produce results.

I am curious about launching an advertisement on Facebook, but not sure if the eyes are there for sign products.

A marketing article stated that many business owners get frustrated when they don't get a return on their campaigns right away. I am not one of them. Instead, I will keep at it until the right combination or luck kicks in. As long as the budget holds out, I'm in it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Advertise in trade magazines. Based upon your profile, you have a niche type of market. You need 3rd party work. Get your name and expertise in front of the eyes who needs you most...... other sign shops.

Most end users are not purchasing ADA signs. They go to a sign shop, which most can't produce, but will sub it out.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I guess that means you are too busy to answer so...

It may not be how you are marketing but who you are marketing too...