• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Effects; Underbase and Finisher

CanDoASign4U

The help files describing these two items are pretty vague. Anyone know of another resource for coming to a better understanding of them? I've been working with FlexiSign Pro 8.6v2 for years and this one has really stumped me!!! I'm trying to reverse print on clear vinyl using Flexi and printing with a Mimaki JV33. My sales rep said I would have to convert the Mimaki to handle white but I'm just trying to make sure that is my only alternative.
:help

J Hill Designs

if you need a white underbase then yeah you need to be able to printwhite...

underbase and finisher in flexi are probably edge functions, but I use omega...

Matthew Scher

These were introduced when EDGE support was added, but they can be used for any printer that has white ink support.

Underbase - lets you print something below the selection. It is like an outline, only it prints below the object.

Finisher - similar to underbase, but this lets you print something on top of the selection. It is useful when you need to add a abrasion guard or other clear coat. Also useful if you need to reverse print on clear film, then put a layer over the print.