• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Efi Flatbed printers

J.R. Greening

We are looking to upgrade from our Mimaki jfx200 so I spent a large part of the day yesterday going through posts on this forum about flatbeds and I didn't see many people mention efi. Is there a reason for this? It was my understanding that they are decent machines but I have no personal experience with them.
We print on a variety of substrates with quick turn times so we need a machine that's fast and reliable. We are looking into a couple different machines either now and efi is one of them. I saw all the other brands mentioned several times but hardly saw efi mentioned at all .

Cory Marcin

JR - We have been running the H1625 for a few years now. Overall, it's a workhorse.......however: a few things to note: The hybrid option on this particular machine is clunky. I would prefer a traditional flatbed and stick all my rolled media on our Rolands. We've blown quite a few coolant pumps (they aren't hard to replace, just super expensive). Original design of the IGUS track is hazardous. Rubs the ink lines until they explode, leaving a big, costly mess.
Positives: relatively good speed. Very little issues with white ink. Keeps running day after day.
Negatives: EFI is a little difficult to deal with. Hybrid option is not all it's cracked up to be. Parts are expensive.

Just my opinion of one machine. Good luck!

Superior_Adam

The H1625 Hybrid is junk. We had one that they took back and we got upgraded to the Pro 16H. We also run the 24F Flatbed. Great machines. I have had very minor issues with either of them. If your going to do acrylic use the 3M ink. We had the first ever 24F installed outside of their facility and been running it for a year and a half.

ProColorGraphics

The H1625 Hybrid is junk. We had one that they took back and we got upgraded to the Pro 16H. We also run the 24F Flatbed. Great machines. I have had very minor issues with either of them. If your going to do acrylic use the 3M ink. We had the first ever 24F installed outside of their facility and been running it for a year and a half.
I have been looking at the Pro16H for a while now. Good to hear from someone that has one. So you would recommend that printer to someone?

Superior_Adam

I have been looking at the Pro16H for a while now. Good to hear from someone that has one. So you would recommend that printer to someone?
Yes I would recommend it. Prints great and the white is very opaque. The 16h got away from the coolant system and went to the Ricoh heads which was a big thing for me coming from the 1625 that had coolant and Toshiba heads.

jmcnicoll

I have experience with a 126" wide EFI Vutek flatbed and it was great for doing 3 layer color white color) flex faces but other than that I would prefer a true flat bed. Print quality is ok for the size of the machine.

Last edited:

kerwinchua

Production Manager
We are looking to upgrade from our Mimaki jfx200 so I spent a large part of the day yesterday going through posts on this forum about flatbeds and I didn't see many people mention efi. Is there a reason for this? It was my understanding that they are decent machines but I have no personal experience with them.
We print on a variety of substrates with quick turn times so we need a machine that's fast and reliable. We are looking into a couple different machines either now and efi is one of them. I saw all the other brands mentioned several times but hardly saw efi mentioned at all .

I would highly recommend Vanguard Digital based in Atlanta. Awesome machines, Great customer support, and easy to maintain.

Dave the president is very helpful.

good luck!

Maxz3241

I've run 4 machines; GS3250, QS2, LX3Pro, and the FabriVu. My only complaint is, parts are expensive. I have a good experience with the techs and the customer service. I like the quality of print that they produce.

J.R. Greening

So they have only been building the 24f for a years and a half or so?

Superior_Adam

So they have only been building the 24f for a years and a half or so?
Just looked back ours was installed Oct 2017 so it has been a little over 2 years and we had the very first one installed. They had a flatbed many years ago but just started doing true flatbeds with the 24F again 2 years ago.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
If your Looking for a True Flatbed, made in Made in North America www.digitechusa.com and reach out to me , We have a very worthy piece of gear to add to your research.