• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Rastek H650 Question

RobZab

Hello, seem to be having a few issues with this printer. I am seeing tons of misting on the outside edge of the images, moslty when starting up the printer in the mornings. Does this printer need to have a few warm up prints in the mornings to reach an optimal head temperature? I also see color droping out from time to time.. Yes, I purge and bleed the lines. We also had the heads changed a few days ago.

Thank you

Robert

RobZab

The color droping out has been fixed, but misting is still crazy. The misting is also random, it will appear for a few passes then disappear. I thought about static, but thats not it.

NitroTech

Hey Rob, can you post a picture of the misting? On what material do you see this misting? Also what is the head temperature set at?

RobZab

The head temperature is set at 37.00 and our studio temperature 74-75. I print on coroplast, vinyl, banner material, styrene etc. The substrate does not seem to matter, it will randomly mist on anything. I'll post some pictures later today

Thanks

johnnysigns

You're not dragging "lint" on the heads causing the issue? I'd wager if it's only at startups or after not being online for an extended amount of time temperature is part of the problem.

RobZab

Hi Jack, sure. The Cyan hose had a kink in it and needed to be replaced, this solved the dropout. Johnny's post got me thinking about head temperature, when I come in in the morning I simply turn on the UV light power to high. Then do other things around the studio before I print.. about 30 minutes. The light seems to be enough heat to warm the heads and stop the misting.

jmitchell954

I have an issue with the Rastek 650 and I hoping someone here could help solve this mystery that has the folks at EFI scratching their heads? Build up of air in the lines!!! EVERYDAY we have to bleed the lines once or maybe twice before start up and and if the OP goes to lunch after straight running for 4 hours, he will return just to bleed the lines before he finishes his run.....

HulkSmash

I have an issue with the Rastek 650 and I hoping someone here could help solve this mystery that has the folks at EFI scratching their heads? Build up of air in the lines!!! EVERYDAY we have to bleed the lines once or maybe twice before start up and and if the OP goes to lunch after straight running for 4 hours, he will return just to bleed the lines before he finishes his run.....

return that POS as fast as possible. That machine has nothing but issues

artbot

what side of the supply is the air coming in on. that the first question when tracking air. if it's building at the head end, raise your ink supply. if it's coming down the lines, you have an air leak. you could even put a small quantity in a dark beaker and seal the top. if when breaking the seal you hear a "psst..." your ink may be de-gassing. inside the lines. it's a shame that an OEM can build a printer and write firmware code but not understand air in the lines.