• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Vutek Lamp / Ballast Question

SignKingAZ

Arizona Signs and Signwalkers
We are not able to get our machine to heat up beyong the 78 degree mark. The Transformer is fine, but the lamps appear toget diminished power. Does anyone have experience in this?

uvgerard

We are not able to get our machine to heat up beyong the 78 degree mark. The Transformer is fine, but the lamps appear toget diminished power. Does anyone have experience in this?
Can you tell me what printer model you have. We manufacture UV lamps and I suspect can troubleshoot the issue

InkJetsetter

SignKingAZ
Do the lamp bulbs ignite at all?
If they ignite, but never come up to temp you will want to replace the thermostat inside the lamp housing.
if they aren't, there could be a short inside the lamp assembly or more commonly, the bulb/contacts become corroded.
Would also be worthwhile to check the screw connector pin and spades, to make sure they have not opened up. look for evidence of shorts