• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Electric Trimmers?

Hello All -

I'm looking at year-end equipment purchases and wanted to get some feedback on the Royal Sovern Electric trimmers. Does anyone have one? How does it work? Is it worth the money? Mainly we print long runs of vinyl, paper prints, and scrim banner. We'd use this to trim the prints off a roll that would then be trimmed on the edges by hand. We are also considering an applicator table that would have a roll holder and a hand trimmer, which option would be better for us? Can the electric trimmers handle a variety of materials, such as static cling, 3M vinyl, scrim and mesh banner, paper, etc.?

Finally, are there any other brands to consider besides Royal Sovern? We've looked atFfatoba cutters, which are nice but expensive and our runs aren't always of the same size (for example wallpaper panels are the same size for the inner panels of a mural, but the first and last panels are 1 or 2 inches narrower - so when we make a layout and print a roll, we'd have to reset the cutter/slitter widths on a Fatoba to do a whole roll - making the higher price point seem excessive.

Thanks!

DSGI

Rat_Fink

I purchased a RS trimmer a couple years ago to get in as a last minute tax deduction. At first I didn't really think I would get much use out of it, but after a while, I found myself using it a bunch.
Ive used it with regular vinyl films, reflective, cling along with scrim banner material with no issues.
The spaced for the material to slide thru isn't very much so it can be difficult to trim premasked decals because the app tape tends to curl and stick as you slide it thru.
Also - there is a big metal guard that I removed because it would be impossible to pull out remnants that are too big to pass thru the back but are too small to drop in the cloth catch.
I'm happy with it, but would not consider it a must have item.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Worx Trimmer & Cutter, this afternoon. It'll be here Friday.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
More than a hedger

worx-cordless-chainsaws-wg320-9-64_1000.jpg

Evan Gillette

A quick hint if you decide to go with an application table: RS sells the rollover tables, however, Rollover also sells direct in the US and at the SGIA show their price was a few thousand less than what RS told me. They look like they are built well but I have no experience using them.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
+1 for what Evan Gillette said. Rollover is a terrific company and I know the owner and the Vice President of Sales and marketing. Their build quality is phenomenal. They are manufactured in Norway and they have a small dealer base in the US, but they do sell though the Royal Sovereign dealer network. Their price point is lower than some of the competitors, without sacrificing build quality. They are shipped completely assembled and don't have the issues with uneven floors that some do. Take a serious look at them if you are considering an applicator table.
www.rollover.no