• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Electrical Signage help

DizzyMarkus

Check out 21st Century Signs in Williamsport PA. Very helpful.
thank you I will

To him the bulbs are "odd size" --they are not 10' -- like 9' 8" or so-- the faces are also just under 5x10 measurements. I have never ventured into this type of work and don't care for electrical. The faces have been out for years and all the wiring is shot, ballest exposed, and the sockets broke and hanging etc. (someone may have stripped it lol) I would think (not knowing) I could replace the current stuff for cheaper than that. I simply don't have the experience, have to get it somehwere and this ones on the ground hehe

Markus

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm not sure how NY is with electrical licensing, but you may want to check. If you aren't a Master Sign Electrician or Master Electrician and you even quote a job like that in Texas - you're looking at big problems. There have been numerous sting operations here in Texas to catch people that aren't licensed to work on electrical signage.

DizzyMarkus

TY jhill-- I am clueless and thank you for your help

MOZE:
Anything in NY must be done by a licensed electrician-- he is. His price also included all permits and inspection signoffs. I added $200 of course :0) I dont think hes using "sign" materials is the problem, and trying to use lumber yard equipment or some special stuff he thinks it needs.. Maybe it's a "doesn't want to do it" bid :0) unsure.

Thank you all ,
Markus

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Gotchya - I thought maybe you were going to take a stab at replacing everything.

Hope it works out for you!

DizzyMarkus

No Sir -- I dont do electrical :0) -- the bids ended up being astronomical but gave them three:
1. replacement as current config
2. replacement with retro exterior lighting
3. faces only
4. to come entire new cabinet etc

Thanks for everyones help -- you have been generous

Markus

FS-Keith

Get a price for the materials you will need for a complete rewire on that

2- 4120 ballast
5- f117 HO lamps
10- recessed sockets

double that price and add about 300 in labor and thats what you should be looking at paying for the service

DizzyMarkus

Thank you Keith --
http://www.partsforsigns.com/Fluorescent_Sign_Parts_s/187.htm
2- 4120 ballast $155 x 2 -- $310
5- f117 HO lamps $205 x 5 -- $1025-- lol bolt loose had it $410 lol
10- recessed sockets $2.25x10 -- $22.50

$1357.50 total --

$1357.50 material
300.00 labor

$1657.00 total
Electrician told me 1800.00 :thumb:

I submitted 2200.00 for the electrical plus the faces and graphics.

thanks for the info on parts.

Markus

Last edited: