• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Electro Pounce" (Issue) / Intrama Brand

momo

Hi,

I found this, but I'm not sure it's ok :
pic_ca.003.jpg

This one seems to have two positions too, low one is 12v, high one is 15v...but with a really low Amp (if I'm not wrong)

See attached:

pic_transformator.jpg

I tried it:
it's working on the metal with no prob, but nothing happens on the paper.
I'm using a roll of paper used for meeting rooms board.
I tried with White kraft paper
And tried with a kind of "tissue" paper (silk?) in french we say "papier de soie"

To check if there was any trouble due to a lack of power (may be)
(Looking at the electro pounce one, I think you can push the power to a higher level...than this one / May be i'm wrong)
On the "tissue" one it's burning 4 holes on a 15cm line try...

Do you need a minimum "volt power" to burn the paper?
Or a specific paper? (Butcher one?)

Thanks for the help.

J Hill Designs

it looks like that thing is used to engrave metal, not create pounce patterns

Markal CA.003 is an electric arc engraver designed to mark conductive metal surfaces. With 100 arcs/second the arc engraver will leave a highly visible, permanent black mark that can outlast crayon or paint marks. Spare part information is available in the Product Details tab. Available in Europe only. - See more at: http://www.markal.com/engravers-and-etching-markers/ca-003/#sthash.iIoYRQm6.dpuf

momo

Thnx for your answers!
I was wondering what was the difference "finally", is it just a "voltage" & "amp." thing?
Because it seems to be the same kind of electric stuff in fact...isn't it?

It seems The Electro Pounce is hard to find so I wondered if there were any similar solutions ....somewhere...