• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Electronic Message Board

Stingray

So I have purchased an electronic message board for a not very reputable company that, even the sign still under warranty dosen't want to replace the modules, he wants me to remove them, take them to his shop and leave the sign with blank openings while he repairs the modules. The modules are P10 SMD3535-2 so I have ordered some of them but just noticed that they have an inscription P10 SMD35354 -4, when we installed them they didn't work as we expected. the images where incomplete and like broken. Do I need to install a controller for this modules since the existing apparently isn't working? will the new controller will have to be programmed to work with the software?
Thanks

kcollinsdesign

Old member
If your vendor can't fix it, try LedControllerCard.com. By the time you figure it out, you will be able to build your own LED display and program it yourself!

I used this company to repair a homemade sign another sign company installed and abandoned when they couldn't get it to work. They sent us replacement LED modules and new controller cards. We got it to work, but for the time and expense involved (incuding the original purchase), the client would have been better off buying from a reliable supplier (a company that supports their product and isn't going to go out of business tomorrow).

abssign

55 Years in making, installing and servicing signs
So I have purchased an electronic message board for a not very reputable company that, even the sign still under warranty dosen't want to replace the modules, he wants me to remove them, take them to his shop and leave the sign with blank openings while he repairs the modules. The modules are P10 SMD3535-2 so I have ordered some of them but just noticed that they have an inscription P10 SMD35354 -4, when we installed them they didn't work as we expected. the images where incomplete and like broken. Do I need to install a controller for this modules since the existing apparently isn't working? will the new controller will have to be programmed to work with the software?
Thanks
That's why i only sell Watchfire boards..I got burnt by one than one LED company in the last 30 years.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Most of those "OEM" LED boards sold by various start ups are garbage. Watchfire sells a good product. We mainly sell Daktronics displays, but will sell clients units from other LED display manufacturers (such as Optec or EBSCO) if they're insisting on lower prices. But you get what pay for. You'll spend more for a Dak unit or something from Watchfire, but the flip side is giving the customer a more reliable display that doesn't need as many service calls. And when service needs do arise (and they will) the company will provide support for the product.

brentjosker

in order to bind a controller to panels you will need a couple items, you need the numbers off the hub card inside the sign and the numbers off the IC chips from the new panels. The problem is the power settings, the scan rate, refresh rate is all different. Your best option here is to find out who the controller manufacturer is, contact them directly. their engineers will remote in through your PC or directly into the sign, depending and check or modify the settings on the control card to match the new panels!
good luck my friend!
Thanks