• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Elements in Flexi freezing on screen

choucove

A few times now, over the past year or so, one of our designers has been having this strange reoccurring issue with Flexi Sign Pro 8.1 on his Windows XP Professional 64-bit workstation. When working with larger projects, he said that it seems elements on the screen seem to freeze and become unresponsive within Flexi. The computer still continues to work, as he said the mouse still moves and he can open the Start menu and such, and even continue to run the Flexi program to do things like save the open project, minimize, and even print. It's just the elements in his work area screen seem to freeze. He can tell that they are selected when he selects objects, but visually they don't do anything, they remain frozen as if the program had crashed.

At first, I was thinking this might be a driver issue with his version of Windows and the nVidia Quadro card he is running, but it has only more recently appeared and he's been using the same Quadro card and driver for nearly three years now. I also switched out the Quadro card with a different one (and different model) but the problem persisted.

Do you have any ideas what might be doing this? Could it just be incompatibility issues with Windows XP Pro 64-bit?