• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eleven Ten Ink Conversion

I am seriously considering changing to eleven ten inks. The savings seems substantial over a long period of time. I dont like the bulk system and think this would be great. They also give you the first set at half off.

Has anyone does this and what are their thoughts? How long does it take to convert? What is the warranty process that takes place for the print head? I hear you do a test print and than another after the inks have purged....

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Do the financial savings outweigh the higher cost of oem?

Thanks for everyones help.

craigdavisdesign

I use them and like them.
Conversion is three cleaning cycles to purge the ink and thats it.
You are correct on the warranty process. That being said I would wait for your OEM warranty to expire. I have a Roland and they don't want to talk to you after the switch.
The only real problem I have seen is cleaning is more frequent but is that a bad thing ?
Now a bunch of people will start the bashing of using 3rd party inks.
Its up to you to decide. There are good and bad inks. None are prefect for everyone.

FrankenSigns.biz

I been hesitant to switch. The warranty looks like a decent promise of "no harm done" if you do. Still though, if we charge accordingly for the work we do, is it really necessary? There's no doubt, this economy sucks and a many of us are still looking under rocks for paces to save a dollar...

I been hesitant to switch. The warranty looks like a decent promise of "no harm done" if you do. Still though, if we charge accordingly for the work we do, is it really necessary? There's no doubt, this economy sucks and a many of us are still looking under rocks for paces to save a dollar...

why not charge like using oem and use third party and increase profitability...

They cannot void warranty on machine, other than print head and where ink passes. Other parts are warrantable, to my knowledge... Is this true?

I have by far heard the most positive things about this ink other than the very reputable triangle inks as well.

Triangle ink does not offer carts. Otherwise that would be my first choice.

wonsngis

Don't bother with Triangle unless you're getting a sweet deal.

I ran triangle bulk inks in my colorpainter for about 2 years until the chip resetters started to go bad. I was always content with the inks, but the cost of replacing the chip resetters was outrageous so they forced me to look elsewhere.

I settled on the eleven ten inks (cartridges) and I am absolutely thrilled with them. The colors are certainly better than triangle (though I really didn't have any complaints) and they have a little better bite on some of the more difficult substrates.

As for the savings- well, I'll just say that I'm saving about 60% vs. what the OEM inks cost a few years ago.

Last edited:

WB

I switched our 2 JV3's to ElevenTen from the OEN SS2 inks. They said there was no need to re-profile but after a few months I noticed a few colours were off and I made a new profile anyway. Other then that it was pretty painless, our supplier said there was no need to flush the lines in was basically just a plug n' play. One thing I have noticed is that the ElevenTen inks do have a much stronger smell.

encadtech

If you have to purge your inkset - its not the same ink formula. The inks form 1110 aren't compatible. If you want to run 3rd party inks - go with bordeaux. They are plug and play interchangeable w/ the OEM inks. If you run low - you can always go back to the original ink w/ no problem. We run a 1304 value jet - www.visualformix has them - CMYK 440ml cartridges $300 - ship incl.

encadtech

BS or not - I use them and they work flawless - if you want to purchase OEM inks at 65% more than I can get 3rd party - have fun with that. I would rather put the money in my pocket than the printer manufacturer.

Gene@mpls

BS or not - I use them and they work flawless - if you want to purchase OEM inks at 65% more than I can get 3rd party - have fun with that. I would rather put the money in my pocket than the printer manufacturer.

I use Triangle Inx and have for the last 2 Roland printers- I was not commenting
on the ink- just anyone saying any aftermarket inks are P&P, I would be careful.