• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ElevenTen Ink / Tekgraf OUT OF BUSINESS

gnemmas

We use Jetbest inks from sales@fieldcenterusa.com for our Valuejet and Mimaki.

Forget about "% of savings", here is the $$ calculation. We were paying $65 for 20 220ml cartridge a month for a cost of $1300. Now we are buying 5 liters at $90 for a cost of $450. A saving of $850/month. Can you use an extra $850 a month?

Instead of using disposable cartridge (not so green), switch to re-fillable cartridge with chip inserts. Call Frances at 949.209.7306. Once you have this set up, you can switch inks at will and buy the liters.

ProWraps

i would never switch to aftermarket inks, but i will say this.. i wish mutoh would offer a bulk system simply because of as you mentioned the waste of the carts. i have hundreds of them in boxes i just will not throw in a landfill.

Adam Bennett

i would never switch to aftermarket inks, but i will say this.. i wish mutoh would offer a bulk system simply because of as you mentioned the waste of the carts. i have hundreds of them in boxes i just will not throw in a landfill.

Staples will give you $3/ea for them!

gnemmas

Why would Mutoh do that (think HP's desk top inkjet printers)? They make more money selling ink cartridges than selling printers, hell, Prowrap, they should give you free printers for all the money they make off the inks. You probably use 10 times more than we do!

kenjb

We used bulk ink with liters and funnels and all that for the past 5 years. Tired of the spilled ink and headaches. We are investing in a smart card programmer so that this annoying issue with cards is done forever. Our last Mimaki was bulk ink with chips. What a mess no matter how clean you try to be.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Compatible Ink for Mutoh Valuejet 1614

Who would be the best for a mutoh 1614. Warranty will be up soon, so I want to switch. Prowraps, do you use OEM once your other printers were out of warranty or after market?

To people who liked 11-10:

J-STAR for 11-10

We have customers switched from 11-10 to J-star ink and had great result. Customer " Better color, lesser odor and even more savings". -Kash Signs, Rialto CA. No flushing, plug & play. 100% compatible to 11-10.

Mutoh valuejet 1614
We have excellent ink for Mutoh Valuejet 1614. We have the correct mutoh cards for you. Two customers from us locally said " No color shifting, excellent ink savings, will do business for long time ". Last time checked with customer 12/21/09. Special Signs/ San Gabriel CA, Creative Signs/ Pico Rivera, CA

Fieldcenter Inc
(949)209-7306
sales@fieldcenterusa.com

Vinylman

This comment is not directly connected to the original post, BUT!

Considering what I have observed over the last year or so, the demise of ink sources and substrate manufactures is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

I have been receiving DAILY notices of both American and foreign multi million/billion dollar companies being closed and their assets being auctioned off for "PENNIES" on the Dollar.

This is happening at an accelerated rate, as the world economy winds down as a result of the economic downturn continues unabated.

Though all of us, like the customers we like to bitch about, want to buy products cheaper and cheaper. There is a point of diminishing return where we end up killing the very market we are dependent upon to survive. This thread, though valid, is a perfect example. Buying supplies based on only the cheapest price may benefit you in the short term. But where will you turn when the quality providers of substrate and ink and spare parts are driven out of the market place by the "cheaper" suppliers. When perhaps those "cheaper" suppliers { kind of like Mosh's business model} kill the providers who pioneered the processes that created the original products. Then they { the "cheap" knock offs} can no longer provide for what ever reason the supplies you have come to depend on.

We will all sink with the same ship, when we can no longer get repair parts, inks or supplies from the OEM sources and all we have left is the equipment which needs fed supplies for every job. and there are NO SUPPLIES.

It reminds me of the debate over WalMart getting into the banner printing business.
HOW DARE THEY?
Yet it is most likely because they {WalMart} saw a demand, and decided to fill a void.

Think about THAT the next time you step into a WalMart, or beat your suppliers down on price, or buy from someone who is $15-$20 cheaper on inks.

There is ALWAYS a risk reward involved with every decision you make.

As the FRAM® oil filter ad used to say " You can pay me now, or you can pay me later", But You WILL PAY ME! :covereyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This comment is not directly connected to the original post, BUT!

Considering what I have observed over the last year or so, the demise of ink sources and substrate manufactures is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

I have been receiving DAILY notices of both American and foreign multi million/billion dollar companies being closed and their assets being auctioned off for "PENNIES" on the Dollar.

This is happening at an accelerated rate, as the world economy winds down as a result of the economic downturn continues unabated.

Though all of us, like the customers we like to bitch about, want to buy products cheaper and cheaper. There is a point of diminishing return where we end up killing the very market we are dependent upon to survive. This thread, though valid, is a perfect example. Buying supplies based on only the cheapest price may benefit you in the short term. But where will you turn when the quality providers of substrate and ink and spare parts are driven out of the market place by the "cheaper" suppliers. When perhaps those "cheaper" suppliers { kind of like Mosh's business model} kill the providers who pioneered the processes that created the original products. Then they { the "cheap" knock offs} can no longer provide for what ever reason the supplies you have come to depend on.

We will all sink with the same ship, when we can no longer get repair parts, inks or supplies from the OEM sources and all we have left is the equipment which needs fed supplies for every job. and there are NO SUPPLIES.

It reminds me of the debate over WalMart getting into the banner printing business.
HOW DARE THEY?
Yet it is most likely because they {WalMart} saw a demand, and decided to fill a void.

Think about THAT the next time you step into a WalMart, or beat your suppliers down on price, or buy from someone who is $15-$20 cheaper on inks.

There is ALWAYS a risk reward involved with every decision you make.

As the FRAM® oil filter ad used to say " You can pay me now, or you can pay me later", But You WILL PAY ME!

:goodpost:

kenjb

Good point Vinylman. But it still does come down to dollars and sense... We arent buying the cheapest ink coming overseas. We have used a couple different brands, all of which were heavily researched before investing. And we are ALL guilty of shopping at Walmart. So we can't be that hipocritical to blame less costly alternatives for the downturn in the economy. It's no secret that wide format printer manufacturers make more on ink than they do on the printer. And with the more proprietary formats for cards and chips, they are trying to protect their market share. has zero to do with fear of damaging the machine with other ink. It's capitalism.

As for the programmer, solventcartridges.com sells a programmer for smart cards. It's 250 + shipping but if it works as it claims for the three major manufacturers of printers, we are all in. Might have a side biz just refreshing cards for a buck or two a piece. hmmm

Vinylman

Good point Vinylman. But it still does come down to dollars and sense... We arent buying the cheapest ink coming overseas.{You can only make that statement for YOUR particular company} We have used a couple different brands, all of which were heavily researched before investing. And we are ALL guilty of shopping at Walmart. {again you can not make such a blanket statement. My family refuses to shop at WalMart because of the devistating effect it has on small businesses that are forced to close because of the preditory practices of the big box stores.} So we can't be that hipocritical to blame less costly alternatives for the downturn in the economy. { I was not saying that "less costly alternatives for the downturn in the economy". They are perhaps better stated a "result of" the down turn, and certainly will lead to a continuation of the same.} the It's no secret that wide format printer manufacturers make more on ink than they do on the printer. And with the more proprietary formats for cards and chips, they are trying to protect their market share. has zero to do with fear of damaging the machine with other ink.{ Again you are basing your response on the fact that perhaps you have not experienced any adverse results from your choice to use other than OEM inks. The fact that you have up to this point avoided print head failure does NOT preclude that from happening in the future.} It's capitalism. { And perhaps it is based on the fact that after market inks may not have the same stringent standards placed on their manufacturing quality control. And if and when you come up against that "inexpensive ink" that finally jams your print heads to the tune of several thousand dollars in replacement parts not to mention the lost production, you and others may find it necessary to rethink your position. Till then "Party On Dude"!}

As for the programmer, solventcartridges.com sells a programmer for smart cards. It's 250 + shipping but if it works as it claims for the three major manufacturers of printers, we are all in.{Not ALL of us}
Might have a side biz just refreshing cards for a buck or two a piece. hmmm
You still don't seem to grasp the reality that there is a very real possibility that tomorrow, or next week / year? We might wake up and ALL sources for the precious raw commodities that we feed into our printers may well have totally gone away.
And if you don't think that can happen just ask yourself where some of the Industry leaders from as little as two years ago are now. Many former financially vibrant supply houses have closed and or been gobbled up be the larger players, thus diminishing our choices.

And as I mentioned in my original post there are Multi Billion dollar companies all around the world that may well be sources for our supply chains, that are not going to survive the end of this year.
there are serious financial situations that lurk in all of our collective futures that may seriously impinge on your and my future earnings.
Remember that the originators of the inks, papers and OEM parts had a considerable investment in research and development in creating and sustaining the cutting edge technology we are currently using to make our collective livings.
The after market sellers of the "inexpensive" supplies don't have that same overhead.
But they also aren't bringing any "NEW" technology into the market place to continue to expand our capabilities.

Just like the "cheap sign guy" who under cuts your pricing { and we bitch cause "he is killing the market"} he doesn't have a storefront, certified applicator, trained personnel, new truck payment, new equipment payment, etc.
After the "cheap sign guy" goes out of business because he didn't plan well, those of us left behind still have to swim in the pollution of lower prices and ruined markets.

That my friend is a reality that spans ALL markets, and you can't hide from that.

kenjb

Vinylman. Wow i do feel sorry if that is your constant outlook on the world. If we all thought like that we would lock ourselves in our homes, build a moat, stockpile guns, ammo, canned food, batteries, flashlights, petroleum and gold bullion for the enevitable armaggedon that is right around the corner. Sorry if I satire your well thought out responses. I do agree that the world is changing. Mostly not for the better. But it will still keep on turning, and thankfully it will still need signs. Have a great holiday!

Steenland

Old Member
Staples cart rebates

Staples will give you $3/ea for them!
Seriously??? Cuz I may have just struck it rich then LOL

Don't spend the money yet, Bigdawg!

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but my local Staples gives me $3 store credit for up to ten carts per calendar month. You have to enroll in their Staples Rewards program, and they don't give you the credit right away. You have to wait a few weeks for the store check to come in the mail, and it's only good for 60 days, so you can never have more than $60 store credit at any one time.

They take anything I bring in, from old HP DesignJet carts to the cheap remans I use on my desktop inkjet at home (which is kind of funny since they cost me less than $3 each).

So it's not exactly a windfall, but I can always find stuff at Staples to spend $30 on.

-Jonathan

Vinylman

Vinylman. Wow i do feel sorry if that is your constant outlook on the world.{I have no problem looking at our current world situation from a position that differs from yours} If we all thought like that we would lock ourselves in our homes, build a moat, stockpile guns, ammo, canned food, batteries, flashlights, petroleum and gold bullion{If you would take a Biblical world view of the current world situation you also might be looking in "other" directions than the short sighted approach you suggest here},for the enevitable armaggedon that is right around the corner. {This last comment, though probably sarcastic, may well be truer than you can foresee.} Sorry if I satire your well thought out responses. { no problem here, I have never been intimidated by those that may differ in their particular positions, even when they are in direct opposition to views that I hold.}I do agree that the world is changing. Mostly not for the better. But it will still keep on turning,{ and you base YOUR assumption on what?} and thankfully it will still need signs. { The world is full of "signs", most of which nobody bothers to heed!} Have a great holiday!

Thank You, And a Merry Christmas to you as well!