• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eliminating an extra contour cut

Mascitti Bro

I designed this logo, brought in the car image and put it in an appropriate spot. When done I made a countour cut around entire thing so I could make some small decals, but noticed now that it's time to cut them out it also wants to cut the car image out from the middle of the decal as well! (If I try to remove the contour from around the car, it adds the rectangular border back around it-I don't want that either, do I??)

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 197

unclebun

How are you creating your contour for cutting? It should be made from just the black oval with the bubble shapes, not the whole design.

Mascitti Bro

I bought the car image, then downloaded it, copy/paste,etc. Then made the rectangular border tansparent, thus the need at that moment for having it's own contour cut. (i'm missing something here, i'm sure)

equippaint

In Corel Id make a boundry and then do an outside contour from that to offset it and leave white. Or convert the outer black circle to an object, copy it, the top one no fill then hairline cut contour and the bottom one stroke 4-6 pts for a bleed if you didn't want a white border.

unclebun

So what you're saying is that the rectangle of the photo of the car goes beyond the black shape that marks the outline of the decal. But why are you including the photo of the car when designating your cut contour? Just make the cut contour from the black shape. Or power clip the picture of the car inside the white shape (place it in the white shape as a clipping mask).

Mascitti Bro

In Corel Id make a boundry and then do an outside contour from that to offset it and leave white. Or convert the outer black circle to an object, copy it, the top one no fill then hairline cut contour and the bottom one stroke 4-6 pts for a bleed if you didn't want a white border.
Excellent info, will give that a shot this evening-thx!!