• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Elliott boom

jdragun

Too funny.

It can't be the filter if it works sometimes and all other functions work. Can't be the oil, same reason. Can't be a hose, it goes down fine and will work sometimes.

Going to test the coils and see what's up. That is where I'm thinking it has to be. Hydraulic systems are pretty simple, but the Elliott's use electric over hydraulic, so just more fun to test.
As for the temps, it was in the 40s here the other day, same issue. It was -16 this morning, so I'm not messing with it until next week.
I will pay what the coils ohm out. Maybe this will help someone else at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20221208_123116_01.jpg
    IMG_20221208_123116_01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85

jdragun

Too funny.

It can't be the filter if it works sometimes and all other functions work. Can't be the oil, same reason. Can't be a hose, it goes down fine and will work sometimes.

Going to test the coils and see what's up. That is where I'm thinking it has to be. Hydraulic systems are pretty simple, but the Elliott's use electric over hydraulic, so just more fun to test.
As for the temps, it was in the 40s here the other day, same issue. It was -16 this morning, so I'm not messing with it until next week.
I will pay what the coils ohm out. Maybe this will help someone else at some point

jdragun

Coils ohmed out correctly. Swapped up down with platform rotation. Same issue.

She is going to an Elliott mechanic. Chased it to much already. Time for the pros. I can't trust her anyway, so a full once over is due.

Thanks for the input.

JBurton

Signtologist
I can't trust her anyway
Yeah, for my money I can't trust anybody but Altec for my Altec trucks. It's nice they provide so much info on maintenance and checks, but as much as I trust my guys, they aren't as keen to find problems as the folks billing you for it. Plus there is the whole, what if it fails thought process on every lift, which is significantly damped by someone else taking that responsibility, leaving me to worry with operations.
It's like I tell my old man when I have some somewhat minor maintenance issue in house: Yes, the guys can troubleshoot an ac unit or change the oil on a truck, but at the same time, hear me out, what if someone could instead set up a place doing such things, then I could, ya know, as a sign maker, sell them something that I could readily produce, like signs, so that we both become experts at what we do and further provide services to other businesses that do other things that we are not proficient at?

jdragun

Went to the Elliott guys. Found some bad wiring in the boom. The wire insulation is cracking pretty bad. Ordered a new wire harness for the boom, $650. Looks like an easy install.
So it is definitely electrical, and the wiring looks like shit.

Evan Gillette

I have been impressed with Elliot in my limited interaction, I bought an obscure 30 year old lift truck and before I even went to go test drive it the elliot guys emailed me over the manual and build notes from archives. The previous owner didnt have any manuals or info on it.