• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Elusive materials, labels and transparencies

Scphotog

Hey, folks, new to the forums here. Looks like a great place to share and learn.

I have a couple of questions, maybe someone can answer.

For a Roland SP300V, I'm looking for 24" - 30" rolls of a material that might be
appropriate for labeling spice dispensers. I have two different kinds to label, one is a cylinder for which a 4"x4" sticker works well, and the other is more like a radius cornered cubish thing, where the majority of the label is on the package face with a bit that wraps around the sides to display ingredients
and other information.

I've made some standard vinyl decals that work pretty well, but I want the client to be able to place the decals himself, and I don't think they'll be able
to manage vinyl without getting wrinkles, and bubbles.

So, with that explanation, what I "think" I'm looking for is a sticky-back paper material that can handle solvent ink.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

On another similar note, does anyone know of a transparent material that would be appropriate for printing film positives for use in screen printing, with the same SP300V ?

I know a few folks that print film positives with standard or 'oversized' inkjet printers, but I've never seen anything I thought would work well with solvent-jet inks... Backlit material without the frosting would work, I think.

Scphotog

I considered that, should have mentioned, I think that increases the price beyond the value of the product.

Malkin

On another similar note, does anyone know of a transparent material that would be appropriate for printing film positives for use in screen printing, with the same SP300V ?

I know a few folks that print film positives with standard or 'oversized' inkjet printers, but I've never seen anything I thought would work well with solvent-jet inks... Backlit material without the frosting would work, I think.

We print (vp540) on some sort of vellum. It's kind of frosted white & translucent. Our printed says it works well, but not all vellums do. I don't know what brand it is.

I set it to 100% black, turn off color correction, and set the overprint to "2". This forces the machine to lay down 200% of black ink only.