• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emailing Future Customers

allinonegraphics

Hi, my name is William and I need some little help here.
I'm looking to reach potential customers sending emails, but the problem is that I don't know what to write so the person open the email first and read it. Could you please give me an example please.
I'll appreciate your help, Thanks!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just ask if you don't understand, I thought that this was a professionals forum.

It is professional. Anyway, most of us. Are you ?? Not to be nasty or nosey, but what kind of question is..... how to approach and say to potential customers use me, when you have no equipment, software, printers or plotters on a sign forum ??

Professionally speaking, what are your credentials. You want to make fun of us, but keep yourself a secret ?? Tell me why I should try to help someone such as you ??

You're a member here over 3 years, yet, you didn't use the search button, as you would've found many many threads on this very subject. Other than 4' flames, this is what burns my @ss. People have no clue as to what they're doing, saying or anythinging and want to be rude, crude, nasty, abusive, cruel, uppity and most of all sound above the rest of us when they don't get an immediate answer to their own idiotic request.

Personally, I don't care where you're from in the world.... a jackass is a jackass around the globe.

allinonegraphics

Do I mention you anyway. First of all I'm trying to do my best writing in english, the question that I have is for making my business better so I ask for help of other professionals (Not you). 3 years in this forum, yes, I already tell that my english is not very well, so I can't help to much because my language is spanish. But anyway thanks for taking your time showing how professional you are. Att. Jackass around the globe.

you should draft up a nice email with some text and graphics inside it showcasing your work. not too much information just enough that they know who you are, what you do, and how they can reaech you. Its a visual industry so nice pictures are key. English is not bad, dont worry about it, and just ignore the negatives around here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, you show no kind of a business, equipment, software or anything. What or who is your target audience ?? You want help, but have nothing to show for a business. English not being your native tongue really doesn't matter. That's just a quick fix for pity. It's that you want to make fun of anyone who doesn't give you a free handout. How nice is that ??

Try giving us poquito help.

As for a map..... save it. You're gonna need one.

We get to Caguas on occasion. Relation and friends still live there and around the area. We'll try to look ya up, next time we're down there. :rolleyes:

Just ask if you don't understand, I thought that this was a professionals forum.

This is a professional's forum and there's nothing wrong with a little joking back and forth between professionals, especially on Friday. I understand what you are asking as did the others, but the joking wasn't directed toward you, so there's no need to get all bent out of shape about it. Nigerian scammer emails are a major problem, at least here in the U.S., so perhaps you should take your own advice and ask if you don't understand. JHill's idea regarding using a catchy title that makes you have to open it to see what it's all about is smart and I don't think it was entirely intended as a joke. There may be some benefit to using a similar approach.

As for email content, I would definitely take the suggestion that was made about using photos to get your message across. As far as verbal content, just take a look at some of the emails that your suppliers and other businesses send out to you and mimic the ones that you like or feel would be effective. Or you might consider hiring a copywriter.

You may also want to try Google and use the key words "good email marketing strategy". You will find some useful links.

visual800

I have always called fist and found out the contact and then asked them if I could email some info. Spamming sucks.

brycesteiner

Emailing is just one part of business and marketing and I'll be honest with you, I hate spam too. I'm sure you do also.
I suggest thinking about this as a whole package for getting yourself out there:

1. Good website with a domain name that fits your company name.
2. Facebook
3. Email that uses your website domain name
4. Good phone contact
5. Newspaper advertising. It's not as popular as it used to be but it still works. Especially since much of your competition doesn't advertise in it as much as they used to. If you don't have a large budget buy a regular classified ad so it keeps your name out there when someone does need a sign/banner/etc.

Take pictures of your work that you believe represent your best work. Then post them to your site and use them on your Facebook page. Then link them together.

6. Have regular business hours. Don't be in business if you aren't going to answer the phone. Even if you have to have a phone answering service. People like to talk to someone. Then return phone calls ASAP.

7. EDDM Postcards. This is huge nowadays. I highly recommend this because it can be substantial. Most people don't realize they can mail for 17.5 cents (in the US) each, and without paying for addressing. Find the area you want to target and mail to everyone/business. Be sure the card is professional. Don't cheap out on design or good printing. So far this year I've printed 60,000+ postcards just for our local hospital regularly sending out health information. They love the option of hitting everyone in this small county.

Put this altogether and people will be coming to you. No spam at all. Don't forget to be very courteous and nice. Building relationships is the best way to get and keep business. Then you won't be able to keep up on answering all the emails of people needing quality work.