• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embarrassing moments in your shop?

Pat Whatley

I thought of this because we've been laughing about something that happened years ago. The customer it happened to was here this morning and every time we see her we laugh.

About five years ago a GORGEOUS young lady came in to order a sign. Gorgeous, perky, friendly...the kind of girl that had everybody in the shop paying attention to her.

While she was being helped at the counter another customer, a guy we called Lonely Larry, came in. Larry was harmless enough, he just had NO social skills.

Anyway, Larry needed to talk to the person who was helping the hot chick. She finished her order, and headed for the door, Larry stepped up to the counter. The girl got to the door, pushed it open to leave, then realized she'd forgotten something.

Larry, thinking she'd left, loudly tells the whole shop "Damn, I'd do her in the pooper!"....as soon as the words came out of his mouth he realized she was standing right behind him with her mouth wide open and the funniest shocked look on her face.

Larry immediately started trying to talk but his mouth wouldn't work, just "Ah...ah...uh...ah..."

The girl just held her hands up and said "Oh. My. God." and walked out the door and got in the car with her friend who'd waited outside. One of the guys in the shop went out to apologize, the guy at the counter talked to Larry. A minute or so later the friend comes back in, looks at Larry, and says "So, are you The Pooper?" Larry again started to mumble, the girl whipped out a camera and "CLICK!"....then walked out laughing.

Larry was blood red with embarrassment then started to panic that the girl was going to take the photo to the paper, the police, or his boss. He was almost in tears when he left because of the "trouble" he was in. He called a few times that week to beg us to talk to the girls for him. It was almost two years before he ever actually came in the shop again.

Replicator

Can you get the picture of Larry the Pooper . . . I think we'd all like to see his expression when the friend snapped his photo :ROFLMAO:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I imagine he Googled images of "THE POOPER" for the next few months after the incident... good thing there is a lot of pooper on the internet... NOT THAT I LOOKED!!

I imagine he Googled images of "THE POOPER" for the next few months after the incident... good thing there is a lot of pooper on the internet... NOT THAT I LOOKED!!

:scream:... Goolges the pooper...

I would say that's what got him into trouble the first time!:ROFLMAO:

Marlene

Oh yeah - we girls always want some guy to announce to his friends and business associates that he'd bang us in "the pooper" given the chance...

yep, it always makes me feel special:toasting:

Pat Whatley

Oh yeah - we girls always want some guy to announce to his friends and business associates that he'd bang us in "the pooper" given the chance...

We've always assumed that Ol' Larry pretty much eliminated any consideration she'd give that later in life.

TheSnowman

This story is right up there w/ whoever told the one about the lady who said she had to "go back and check" to see if they had some supply...and it was one big room w/ a bathroom, then the lady went in there and blew it up. Came back out, and all the customers were laughing.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Never been good with talking to women, so you probably shouldn't say "I wouldn't mind throwing you on a plate of gravy and sopping you up with a bisquit?"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not only did Lonely Larry lack social skills…. he lacked at being observant. I’ve never heard of a fool blurting something like that out without looking over both shoulders first.

I was working at a place back in the 70’s and I was out at the front counter and the head guy was doing something in the back. Now our counter area was a large room with a wall that divided customers and such from the other side…. where he was. Only large curtains separated the front from the back, so although you couldn’t see what was going on in the back and vice versa…. you could still hear just about everything. Anyway, it was Saturday morning and we were alone and Doug was singing in a very loud voice about some foul song that had really bad lyrics attached to it while doing his job back there. In the meantime, I very nice, professional, good looking woman comes in and started asking me some questions and I started rutching around in my seat as Doug was singing louder and louder. There was no way I could warn Doug, so I yelled to him to shut up. Guess he didn’t hear me cause he kept on singing and then started heading up front… all while still singing his song. Just as he got to the curtain he was singing [and very loudly I might add] the words ‘Fist F**ker over and over and walked out… saw her and turned right around and walked back out. I apologized to the woman and she said, Oh that’s Okay, he didn’t know I was here, but what in the world is he singing that sick song for anyway ?? Well, I had no answer other than… he’s just perverted and gets his kicks that way. She laughed, we finished our business and Doug made sure he wasn’t around when she came back to pick her stuff up a week or so later.

Next time when she came in to pick it up, she asked where the singing guy was and the guy on the counter, who knew the story by now, told her he wasn’t allowed out where normal people gather anymore.

We all used to hum that song anytime a girl came in and Doug was around. :frustrated:

You know, now I think about it….. Doug didn’t have much in the way of social skills either….. must be a missing gene in those sorts of people. :ROFLMAO:

that's a great one Pat.

let's see over the years..one morning about 4am i pulled up to my shop and saw a guy standing in my dumpster, it was our main competitor apparently trying to find out who we were working for or what we were working on. a few years after that i went and sold sign supplies and equipment and he was one of my customers.

had to fire an employee once because i walked into the office and he was 'taking care of business' while 'browsing' the internet...did i manage to present that in a way that will keep it out of nhb?

had to fire another employee for urinating in the sink in the shop instead of going to the restroom that was about 20' away...

people are a trip