Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embedding Jpeg

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Jen Goodwin, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    I have a file to upload to a supplier, it has vectored type and a jpeg of a sink. The file was already printed minus the sink and I was told by the supplier that when he opened the file there was no sink and that it didn't prompt him by telling him that it couldn't find the file either. I uploaded an Illustrator (.ai) file to him after converting all the text. When I open it, of course it is there on my end. How can I embed the jpeg into the file, when I export as a tiff, that option isn't available and when I save as an Illustrator eps, the option of 'embed linked files' is greyed out. How can I prevent this with the new file that I must upload to get these reprinted?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The option to embed an image that has been placed on an Illustrator page is accessed through the Links Palette.

From Adobe Illustrator Help:

If you've done it correctly, when it is done actually converting the image, you will see a small thumbnail appear in the palette line containing the image.

3. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    Well, Interestingly enough it is there on the links palette. I wonder what happened? Oh well, its already been uploaded again with a description of what it should all look like so there should be no confusion next time! Thanks Fred, now I at least I know that I can check in the links palette :biggrin: