• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embellished Fonts?

BrianKE

Anyone know where I can find a font or graphic of upper case letters similar to the attached picture with the embellishments?

TIA

Letter M.jpg

SignosaurusRex

You can create your own using MC FRANKLIN CORNERS (1,2 & 3), which can be found at MyFonts.com ...along with a typeface of your choosing. You may also want to search "MONOGRAM" or "INITIAL" typefaces. Another good resource is "LETTERS" clipart. Another somewhat similar principle in a typeface would be LTC GOUDY INITIALS a.k.a. CLOISTER INITIALS.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

The corners look a lot like some of the corners in the Golden Era clip art collection. The letter itself looks like Times Roman.

Wouldn't be hard to create a standard box and then just insert the letters.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anyone know where I can find a font or graphic of upper case letters similar to the attached picture with the embellishments

In the printing and typesetting trade these are generally referred to as 'Dutch Initials' regardless of the actual face used for the letter. Regardless of what they're called, you should only ever use one, as in one, as a drop in paragraph starter for the first paragraph of a chapter or to lead off a line of copy set in a specimen face. There are literally thousands of them available in every style known to man. Unless you're setting a book all you need and should ever use is one for any project.

SignosaurusRex

In the printing and typesetting trade these are generally referred to as 'Dutch Initials' regardless of the actual face used for the letter. Regardless of what they're called, you should only ever use one, as in one, as a drop in paragraph starter for the first paragraph of a chapter or to lead off a line of copy set in a specimen face. There are literally thousands of them available in every style known to man. Unless you're setting a book all you need and should ever use is one for any project.

:thumb: