• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embosstrack 48 in German?

bouncer

Hello everyone, just received free of charge a Gerber Embosstrack 48 and the LCD menu is all in German,, is their anyway of changing it into English? I was hoping to use this as a back up cutter but i don't speak German :-(

Thanks

bouncer

It is a Mutoh plotter so maybe something on their site. Have you tried resetting to factory settings? Still looking....

Hi Tony, i've tried a factory reset to no avail, it must be the firmware, don't know if an firmware update would be available for the old machine.

Thanks again.

JimmyG

It is a Mutoh plotter so maybe something on their site. Have you tried resetting to factory settings? Still looking....

It's a Mutoh XPC model plotter, but I haven't seen a Mutoh XPC manual available or information on how to reset the machine to factory defaults....

Same goes for specific key push or hold sequence in the EmbossTrack manual for factory default reset...

You might try page 98 of manual > Testing > F4 > INIT

First, If you can plot out the "Settings Test Plot" shown on page 103 of the EmbossTrack manual it should tell you if the EEPROM language version is American (English) or German....

I would also try some emails to Gerber and to Mutoh asking about a machine reset to Factory Defaults...

Tony Teveris

Another thing to try is this:

At power up hold both the Enter + Slew Down keys together - this may revert to American English

bouncer

Another thing to try is this:

At power up hold both the Enter + Slew Down keys together - this may revert to American English

Tony you are a star, i've asked everyone about this to no avail but your suggestion worked wonders, all in English now, i don't have to learn German. Thanks again Tony.
How did you find that out? you are the man :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

JimmyG

Good to hear Glen....now ya can set the old plotter up anew to your own accords....gotta love networking....

:)~

Tony Teveris

Just need to ask the right people that are still around.
Found it in a FastTrack manual
Thank Peggy

American English - Enter+Slew Down
German - Enter+Slew Up
French - Enter+Slew Right
English - Enter+Slew Left
Japanese - Enter+Online