• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embroidery digitizing - need MM

ProWraps

any MM's here do digitizing for embroidery?

i have to do some race suits for my racing team and have some pretty large logos i need digitized.

i see some down to $1.25 per 1000 stitches online which is WAY cheaper than the $4 per 1000 my embroiderer wants.

i would rather use someone on this site.

i need some smaller logos, but also need some very large back and fronts.

any MM's that offer it, please let me know!

TIA.
-Chris

iSign

Wild West does that!

He just did a special
Promotion and gave three free digitizing files to S101 folks who were first to ask... And I was one of the lucky three... And he did a good job on my logo, as well as letting mr request so fine tuning revisions on the file... And he even ran a few test runs and sent pics of them... That was pretty helpful!

njshorts

Wild West does that!

He just did a special
Promotion and gave three free digitizing files to S101 folks who were first to ask... And I was one of the lucky three... And he did a good job on my logo, as well as letting mr request so fine tuning revisions on the file... And he even ran a few test runs and sent pics of them... That was pretty helpful!

Same! The design came out great, and he gave me more options than I imagined... Great service! We'll be using him from now on.

ProWraps

gracias. happy mothers day all!

Christen says hi!

Attachments

• christen.jpg
    christen.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 142

Locals Find!

I see you found your answer to your question, but I got to ask. Is $4.00 /thousand the new going rate for digitizing??

I have been paying my digitizer $10/thousand for years and never ever revisted the pricing structure with her. When I started the relationship 10 years ago that was the going rate. I never have thought that it may have gone down.

Please let me know, if this is the new going rate or just one example of one individual/business.

ProWraps

all day long on the internet for under $2.00. i would definately revisit your pricing. at $10 i would have to pay like $500 for one of the logos im doing. thats crazy.

WildWestDesigns

I see you found your answer to your question, but I got to ask. Is $4.00 /thousand the new going rate for digitizing??

I have been paying my digitizer $10/thousand for years and never ever revisted the pricing structure with her. When I started the relationship 10 years ago that was the going rate. I never have thought that it may have gone down.

Please let me know, if this is the new going rate or just one example of one individual/business.

Yes, it is. Biggest reason is that you have a lot of people out in the market doing it. Programs that can do the basics can be had cheaply relatively speaking, but there are just more "suppliers" out there for this. With programs getting cheaper and cheaper, more people can do the basics. Thankfully (in one way anyway) Wings Modular isn't one of those programs and those that just do "auto digitizing" aren't able to change things at the stitch level, or even add patterns within patterns. Although not something I would do for logos, but for embellishments I'll do the pattern within a pattern.

iSign and njshorts I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad that you two were happy with your files.

Locals Find!

Yes, it is. Biggest reason is that you have a lot of people out in the market doing it. Programs that can do the basics can be had cheaply relatively speaking, but there are just more "suppliers" out there for this. With programs getting cheaper and cheaper, more people can do the basics. Thankfully (in one way anyway) Wings Modular isn't one of those programs and those that just do "auto digitizing" aren't able to change things at the stitch level, or even add patterns within patterns. Although not something I would do for logos, but for embellishments I'll do the pattern within a pattern.

iSign and njshorts I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad that you two were happy with your files.

I was never getting the basic flat designs from her. What would you say the good digitizing is running at now? You know with the extra care for depth and the right stitch patterns. Not that cookie cutter push the button digitizing.

WildWestDesigns

I was never getting the basic flat designs from her. What would you say the good digitizing is running at now? You know with the extra care for depth and the right stitch patterns. Not that cookie cutter push the button digitizing.

It would depend on how much depth you are wanting, the detail of the design, and the size. You also have to be careful with overdoing it as well. iSign's logo lent itself well to a little 3D pop to it with the islands. Most of the time with a logo, I have found that a satin stitch gives enough of a pop without adding more passes to it, but than again it depends on the pattern and what people are wanting.

ProWraps

wild west. ill hit you up tomorrow with what i got. look forward to doing biz with you. sounds like you definately know your sh*t. glad to have found a MM like you.

cdiesel

Hey WildWest, we need to run some shirts & hats also.. The biggest problem I always have is that the shirts tend to bunch up around the embroidery. Is this just from shrinking? Is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

WildWestDesigns

Hey WildWest, we need to run some shirts & hats also.. The biggest problem I always have is that the shirts tend to bunch up around the embroidery. Is this just from shrinking? Is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

Amount of stabilizer used (as well as type used) and hooping are the biggest issues with bunching that I have seen. Shrinkage can play a part, but in my experience those are usually the biggest factors especially if there is a lot of step stitching in the pattern.

What is the fabric for both products? I can hazard a guess, but I would just need to make sure. Type of fabric, how tightly it's knit and weight etc do play a part as well.

Last edited:

cdiesel

We're talking jersey knit and pique shirts.. Nothing fancy. I'll send you our logo tomorrow and see what you think. Also, for our shirts, we want to do foam. Do you do that??

WildWestDesigns

We're talking jersey knit and pique shirts.. Nothing fancy. I'll send you our logo tomorrow and see what you think. Also, for our shirts, we want to do foam. Do you do that??

Yea, I would say stabilizer or how they put it on the hoop would be my guess sight unseen.

Are you talking puffy foam to raise the design? That's about the only foam I deal with, but there are others. It is flammable though, so need to be careful how you get it clean. No dry cleaning if you do that with your shirts.

cdiesel

Nah, foam is just on the hats. Just normal FlexFits.

Wouldn't mind getting some work shirts embroidered too. Dickies is what we did last time. They actually turned out really nice and didn't have any bunching around the logos. It's just the normal polos we've had trouble with.