Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Embroidery Patches?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by TXFB.INS, Sep 5, 2018.

1. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Who is suggested for embroidery patches?

since World Emblems was bought out by Stahls, there capabilities are reduced and the pricing has spiked.

What we need;
    * Size 3.25"h x 4.75"w
    * 200 ish - need to know where the price break is
    * Finish - Merrow edge
    * Colors 9+
    * Twill Backing

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    What's the boundary shape going to be like? Color of the patch? How much of the patch is going to be embroidery?

Color matching or straight traditional black?

Technically, patches don't actually have a backing to them. Twill is the fabric that is embroidered directly on. You do have some that are flexible and some that are more rigid, but twill is usually the go to fabric choice.

So I'm thinking you mean that you don't want velcro or heat adhesive or anything like that extra. They aren't used as a backing, but are applied to the back after embroidery, but before the merrowing is done. Given the size (any time one dimension is greater then 4"), hand stitching the patch on there would have to be used. It could be combined with the others, but it would have to be used for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. colorforgeprinting

colorforgeprinting New Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Katy, Texas
    Call Gil at Raynor and Asso, he hooks me up for my patch jobs. 281-497-8372