• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad 1200i

yamaha581

Hey everyone,
Theres someone with an Encad 1200i for sale around me and I was looking at it. My question is would I be able to print on uncoated vinyl with it. It has the heater on it. Does Encad make an ink that would work with uncoated vinyl and not fade?
Thanks!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't think so. It uses water based ink. They offer a pigment inkset but it will only work with coated media and needs to be laminated to hold up outside. You can get a year or 2 out of them with lam before they fail depending on the application and conditions.
It's a nice indoor printer but not so good for exterior.

wayne k
guam usa

CP Signs

6 months with 210 lam and it starts to bleed. I had one. Biggest pain in the shorts I ever had. Everything for it is expensive and hard to find. Stay away, run forest run.

iprint

I had 2 1000i's for 7 years with little to no hiccups. The 1200i is actually the kodak branded printer of the same variety. A pretty straight forward printer that needed very little maintenance. Inks were becoming scarce before I retired them. I am guessing because of the whole Kodak bankruptcy deal. Could not find a third-party ink for them, not to say that one doesn't exist. Definitely not for outdoor use and not on uncoated medias. They cruised along at 4-pass bidiriectional producing about 100 sqr ft. an hour. Overnight printing was a no brainer.