• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

encad novacut 24 questions

designatedmedia

hey, i didnt get any answers to my post in general sign topics, so i thought i would try here.

just got a novacut 24, and i wanted to know a few things:

first, it came with ink cartridges, they are empty. do i have to replace these or can i use the ones that were on there? the machine has hardly any use at all and looks brand new. the big ink resiviors have ink stains, but no dried up ink or anything.

also, it didnt come with any rollers for the back, was wondering if i can get these anywhere, or if any generic ones exist? also, looking for a stand.

i figure if nothing else, it can make a good backup 24" cutter?

designatedmedia

thanks, i read about them in other encad posts, but i still would like to know if i need new cartridges or not? also, i pulled the right cover off, and the chip are all stamped Graphtec. whats the difference between the encad and the graphtec signjet pro?

powervisuals

Re:

Encad Novacut 24 is the same machine that Signjet Pro JX1060, and Encad Novacut 54 is the same machine that Signjet Pro JX1130. Those two machines were built by Western Graphtec. The cutting mechanism is from Graphtec, while the printer is from Encad, which was bought by Kodak.