• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad NovaJet 630 Plotter?

Looking at buying this unit ... it runs with GO ink from Global ... my question surrounds the use of this unit for outdoor use ... maybe even wraps and/or stickers?

any thoughts ... I am aware of the head problems and the regular "fixer up" this might be ... but outside of that is it useful for outdoor printing?

wes70

Wraps...No. Stickers...possibly. You have to use coated vinyl with laminate for anything outdoors and yes, you must use the GO pigment inks. Outdoor stuff is usually suitable for temporary applications. Although, I have some Epson prints (laminated) that have been outside for 3 years and still look great.

Pro Image

I wraped my tailgate of my truck with jetlex and Lam. output on my encad 850......Was on there for over 2 years.........

Matt Cuellar

Wraps, well possibly. Media One has a really nice cast vinyl for aqueous inkjet that works well on the HP 5500, so it may be compatible with Encad too. Cost effective though? Absolutely not. Still water-based ink so it has to be laminated for any sort of added durability and it has to print on coated inkjet media which is 2-3x more expensive than solvent uncoated digital media. It's a lot of maintenance and headache for not much in return. JMHO.

Thanks very much guys ... I will pass on it .. I already have a water based ink unit ... so adding one and trying to make it do something it really can't will just cost em more shop time and headaches than needed ... customers can already be a PITA at times ... so, I'd rather remember why I got into this game and keep it simple .... I'll just keep my eye open for Falcon or another outdoor unit and spend real money ....

thanks again!