• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad novajet 850 42"

kheebl

I have the opportunity to buy a novjet 850 tomorrow for $400. Is this a good deal. I know I read people who hated theirs. But I am new to the whole large format printing and want to get my feet wet by messing around with something cheap. what do you think?

Techman

offer $200..
Parts are hard to get. Coated vinyl Media is very hard to get at a reasonable price

kheebl

I tried $200 and seller said no go. They were asking $600 and said $400 is lowest they would take. Maybe I'll let it sit on the good old craigslist longer and offer $200 again. I am in no rush since I really have no use for it other than try to learn a thing or 2. I work construction so in the winter months I get bored at home.

kheebl

Where is a place to get coated vinyl. I want to figure out how much everything will cost so I can go back to seller and say how expensive it is to run. She never used it because it was too large for her studio but did see it run when she bought it apparently from 3m.

Techman

essentially, you are not going to find it at most suppliers. They can get it but it will be at full price around 200 bux a roll and a few days wait time. Ink kits are about 200 each. If you can find one. I know of not one supplier that carries water based ink any more.

OldPaint

YOU DO KNOW..........this encad is only INDOORS PRINTS???????? with that said.......i have an ENCAD 736 sitting here......so i know what they can do. if its been sitting a long time........your gona need new heads............finding ink for it........is getting scarce as is the coated vinyl to print on. even at $200...........it wont do ya much good because it will cost $500 to get it up and running................