• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad Novajet 850

Square One

Anybody know anything about these?

I have found one that is for sale, and I have no background on this model.

Good for indoor, & outdoor?

RobGF

I truly hated mine. With the GO+ series inks, some may claim that it's ok for short term outdoor work but I personally never used it for that application (I used the GX inks for indoor type work).

The problem with this printer is that the print heads were forever failing. Encad (Kodak now) does have a very good program to replace print heads if they fail at under their warranty but that doesn't help much if you're running a job and don't have a spare in inventory. There were a myriad of other issues related to the ink delivery system as well that bothered me.

If you do choose to get this printer, you will need to use GO inks and purchase coated vinyls (much more expensive than uncoated) only to have prints that perform short term. Most everything would need to be laminated as well.

Did I mention that I hated mine?

Hope this helps.

Matt Cuellar

Our company had a 850 when I first started here about 4 years ago and I never saw it print once. Printheads were constantly failing, tech support was awful, and reliability was an oxymoron.

I've heard that parts are now extremely hard to find, the ink durability is non-existence, and a whole other bunch of problems. If you've got the money, I'd recommend looking for a used HP. Good luck!