• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enclosed trailer wrap question

stickerman12

I am wraping an enclosed trailer using Oracal 3751 w/290 laminate. The vertical panels are 51" wide and 88" in height. Has anyone tried doing this with application tape applied to keep it from stretching during application? Thanks

HulkSmash

Why are you worried about stretch? Application tape will just cause more nightmares. Just install the panels alone without the mask. Center Hinge with 1"+ masking tape, work up then down. You won't have to worry about stretch.

good luck.

carter75

Tape it in place, apply the top 6"-10" then work your way down the rest of the way. Let the graphic hang and don't pull on it it won't stretch and it is a lot easier than the center hinge.

Mosh

Question? On trailers the metal panels ae 47" wide, why not do 47" panels and not have a seam in the vinyl, only seams are on the aluminum seams? What?

~Sorry that is what The Mosh does and it looks good not having vinyl seams....but

Typestries

I hope you have a rollepro for all of those rivets? Just leave a vertical channel along the rivet rows. Crazy fast time saver.

CheapVehicleWrap

Question? On trailers the metal panels ae 47" wide, why not do 47" panels and not have a seam in the vinyl, only seams are on the aluminum seams? What?

~Sorry that is what The Mosh does and it looks good not having vinyl seams....but

Could it be... the re-birth of His Mosness?

graphics guru

we remove rivots. tap top. roll up like w window shade and apply down. to much pressure will make it stretch slightly especially in warmer months. if you are worried bout it, take 3 ' pre mask and run the length on the exposed edge, then no worries

You take all the rivets out when using a cast film? That sounds like an incredible waste of time. I can see if doing like some calenered 651 lettering or something, but on a full wrap, seems like going over them is pretty standard practice now.

HulkSmash

sorry guru, you must be crazy if you think my guys will be removing rivets. It does not take less time, i print miles of box truck wraps.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also keep in mind. Those are not rivets, they are self drilling screws in somewhat soft aluminum angle bars on the inside. Once you remove a screw from aluminum like that it will never hold as tight or as well again. About 3 times and the hole is essentially destroyed. You are damaging the integrity of the trailer when you remove those. Granted most will go right back in and seem to hold just fine - it's their problem not yours at that point anyways right?