• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encoder strip Issue

wedosigns

Well my cj500 is now printing side ways, and stops and say encoder issue.
My question is are encoder strips a universal product. I have a mimaki jv2 that I could pull the encoder strip out of and install in the roland.
They are both the same technology.
I need the cj printing contour cut decals, no lam. as hybrid.
What do you guys think.
Thanks Bruce

artbot

yep. they'll both be 180 lpi. the only issue might be the width or some holes that each model requires for installing them across the gantry.

sfr table hockey

You may want to try to clean it just in case it is an easy fix or flip it over.

I have also been told first hand by someone who replace theirs with a generic strip and just cut it down to fit. It worked.

wedosigns

Thanks Guys
I am trying to clean it some more.
I did not know they could be just flipped. I will try that before taking it out of the mimaki.

artbot

keep in mind that stepping to the left can not be your encoder strip. usually means the encoder sensor might be bad. print this file set it in your rip so that it prints as long as your platen. first start by printing the first two or three inches then increasingly make it wider. at the point that it begins to step, that is where you will find damage or dirt.

Attachments

• grayscale encoder.jpg
    grayscale encoder.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 53

wedosigns

Artbot
The print was heading to the right (towards the capping station). It would then stop as the print would be at the margin and could not proceed.
I have flipped the encoder strip and am now trying to set it back up in the service mode.
1. LINEAR ENCODER CHECK.
2. CALIBRATION (SCAN DIRECTION)​
3. PRINT/CUT OFFSET ADJUSTMENT

The print cut adjustment is way off. The feed is perfect but the scan cut is off by a half inch. I did set the scan adjustment to +3 then did the print cut adjust again. But it is the same.

Btw I did print 1 row of the decals I need out and they are now straight.
I just have to play with the print/cut.
Thanks for the insight!